***Submission Deadline: Friday, April 10, 2020***
$500.00 non-renewable scholarship payable during the first year of college. The scholarship is to be used to pay college expenses at any accredited college or university the student attends. The selection committee reserves the right not to award a scholarship in any year when the quality of the applications received does not meet the qualifications set out herein.
- Any senior in good academic standing at a Greater Clark County high school pursuing a degree and a career goal of becoming an elementary teacher or a secondary English teacher may apply.
- The student must display a gift of and passion for teaching poetry.
- The student must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- The student must show evidence of extra-curricular activities involving community services.
- The student must provide two letters of recommendation: one from a school employee and one from a non-relative or community member.
- The student must submit a 250 word essay on his/her reasons for entering the teaching profession; and
- The student must have attended Jeffersonville High School for at least the past two years.
Provided that the Greater Clark Educational Foundation is in operation and there are sufficient funds on deposit with the Greater Clark Educational Foundation on or before January 31 of an award year, the Paula Frakes Williams Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior beginning with the Class of 2020. The term of scholarship may be extended dependent upon the wishes of the family and resources available. In the event that the foundation’s operation terminates prior to the ending date set out herein or the scholarship term is not extended, any money on deposit with the educational foundation will become the property of the Greater Clark County School Corporation to be used for educational purposes.
The $500.00 will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient’s college/university within 10 days of receipt of proof of enrollment from the recipient.
The Paula Frakes Williams Scholarship may not be renewed. It is a one-time scholarship award.
Scholarship applications are available at the GCCS Administration Building or the high schools’ counseling offices.
Please sent two letters of recommendation – one from a school employee and one from a non-related community member as well as a copy of high-school transcripts to:
Greater Clark Educational Foundation
Attn: Emily Oliver-Jones
2112 Utica-Sellersburg Rd.
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Questions about the application should be directed to (812) 288-4802 ext. 50600.