***Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 25, 2017***
This Scholarship is given in memory of Dr. David M. Pulliam who served as the Superintendent of Schools for the Greater Clark County School Corporation from 1995 until his retirement in June 2003. Dr. Pulliam was instrumental in the formation of the GCCS Educational Foundation. This Foundation awards monies to eligible Greater Clark students for college tuition assistance and provides funds for teacher mini-grants and student cultural development activities. Dr. Pulliam passed away on February 1, 2004.This scholarship will be awarded for the first time to three members of the Greater Clark County School Corporation’s Class of 2004. One student from each of Greater Clark’s three high schools (Charlestown High School, Jeffersonville High School, and New Washington High School) will receive $1,000 in scholarship assistance.
Applicants who can demonstrate the following criteria will be given additional credit in the scoring of the applications for this scholarship award.
- Financial Need
- Career Goal: Degree in Education
- College attending: IUS or Indiana State-Supported School
- Academic Achievement
- Child of Current or Former Educator or First Person in Immediate Family to Attend College
- Extra-Curricular Activities involving Community Service
- SAT and ACT test scores
- GPA, Class Rank and Class Schedule
- Completion of the scholarship application
- Leadership in the following areas:
- Work Experience
- Community Service
- Honors and Awards
Payment The scholarship amount will be provided in the following manner:
- $500 will be paid to the college the student will attend at the time of enrollment.
- $500 will be paid to the college the student attends at the time that the student provides proof that he/she has been accepted into the college’s School of Education.
Scholarship Application are also available at the GCCS Administration Building or the high schools’ counseling offices.
Please complete and return your completed application by the deadline indicated on the application to:
Greater Clark Educational Foundation
Attn: Rose Andes
2112 Utica-Sellersburg Rd.
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Questions about the application should be directed to (812) 288-4802 ext. 50600