The goal of the Greater Clark County Schools Educational Foundation Grant Awards Program is to encourage teachers to provide innovative and creative classroom activities and support the corporation’s performing arts program.
In 2017- 2018, the Foundation was able to provide innovative learning assistance to over 4,400 students with over $13,000 in Creative Classroom Grants!
Below is the link to apply for a grant and our grant guidelines.
Next Application Process Opens July 2019
Creative Classroom Grant Guidelines
The Foundation has established the following guidelines:
- Certified staff members of Greater Clark County Schools are eligible to submit a proposal for grants.
- Due to limited funds, you are allowed to receive one grant each academic calendar year. Don’t be discouraged, save a great idea for the following year if you have more than one!!
- Grant funds may not be used for individuals to earn extra credit in credit college courses and or professional development.
- Grant funds may not be used for field trips and or transportation.
- Grant request can not exceed the amount of $500, unless prior approval from the GCCS Educational Foundation Executive Director.
- The project must enhance the students’ learning experiences in one or more subject areas (language arts, math, science, social studies, related arts, etc.).
Grant Submission Dates:
- All grants for the fall will be reviewed and approved at the September board meeting. The online application will open on July 1st and remain open till August 30th.
- All grants for the spring will be reviewed and approved at the January board meeting. The online application will open on October 1st and remain open till November 29th.
We wish we could fund all grants received but the amount available is limited. The Foundation Grants Committee will review each application and will set forth a recommendation to the Foundation Board on grants to be funded each semester. After the grants are approved at the coinciding board meeting, you will receive an email on whether your grant was approved.