The goal of the Greater Clark County Schools Educational Foundation Grant Awards Program is to encourage teachers to provide innovative and creative classroom activities and support the corporation’s performing arts program.
Below is an overview of how the Foundation was able to provide innovative learning assistance to over 2,200 students with nearly $12,000 in Creative Classroom Grants during the 2016-2017 school year!
Educational Foundation Grant Guidelines
The Foundation has established the following priorities of the Grants Program:
- Programs are designed to enrich the experience of students.
- Pilot programs that, if successful, can be replicated for other schools in the corporation.
Certified staff members of Greater Clark County Schools are eligible to submit a proposal for grants.
Grants funds may not be used for individuals to earn extra credit in credit college courses. In addition, grant funds may not be used for equipment purchases or field trips unless necessary to carry out the purpose of the project.
- Grants will be awarded for programs or projects that are designed to improve the educational experiences of Greater Clark students.
- The project must enhance the students’ learning experiences in one or more subject areas (language arts, math, science, social studies, related arts, etc.).
- The project should be well organized with clearly defined activities and a timetable for the project start and finish.
- The application must include a plan for evaluation of the completed project.
- All grants for the fall will be reviewed at the September board meeting. All requests should be received by September 1st to be considered at this meeting.
- All grants for the spring will be reviewed and approved at the February board meeting. All grants should be received by February 1st to be considered at this meeting.
- Include all expenses that will be covered by grant funds. Categories may include guest speakers, consultants and special materials that cannot be covered with regular Greater Clark funds.
- Please list any additional funding the project will receive or could possibly receive from other sources.
- Grants should not exceed the amount of $500, unless agreed upon and voted on by the Educational Foundation board.