The goal of the Greater Clark County Schools Educational Foundation Grant Awards Program is to encourage teachers to provide innovative and creative classroom activities and support the corporation’s performing arts program.
Below is an overview of how the Foundation was able to provide innovative learning assistance to over 4,400 students with over $13,000 in Creative Classroom Grants during the 2017-2018 school year!
Creative Classroom Grant Guidelines
The Foundation has established the following guidelines:
- Certified staff members of Greater Clark County Schools are eligible to submit a proposal for grants.
- Grants funds may not be used for individuals to earn extra credit in credit college courses and or professional development.
- Grant funds may not be used for field trips and or transportation.
- Grants should not exceed the amount of $500, unless agreed upon and voted on by the Educational Foundation board.
- The project must enhance the students’ learning experiences in one or more subject areas (language arts, math, science, social studies, related arts, etc.).
Grant Submission Deadlines
- All grants for the fall will be reviewed at the September board meeting. All requests should be received by September 6th to be considered at this meeting.
- All grants for the spring will be reviewed and approved at the February board meeting. All grants should be received by January 3rd to be considered at this meeting.
We wish we could fund all grants received but the amount available is limited. The Foundation Grants Committee will review each application and will set forth a recommendation to the Foundation Board on grants to be funded each semester.