The GCCS Distinguished Alumni Award and Business of the Year is the highest honor given to recognize GCCS Alumni and Business Partner(s) of the district. It is an evening honoring those who represent Being Greater!
Alumni from each high school will be elected through a process and each recipient has made a lasting impact on their community and/or on GCCS through outstanding professional, philanthropic, or volunteer accomplishments. Please see criteria below and link for the application.
**The Business Partner Award will be selected by the district, criteria for this award will be published at a later date.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ALUMNI AWARD
- Awardees must be a graduate of a GCCS High School
- Awardees must have made significant contributions to their community through professional, philanthropic, or voluntary action.
- Nominations will be accepted from alumni, GCCS staff, and community members. Alumni may self-nominate if so desired.
- Please see Nomination form below to nominate a Distinguished Alumnus
EXPECTATIONS OF AWARDEES
- Each awardee will be expected to attend the awards ceremony on November 14th at Kye’s in Jeffersonville, IN to accept their award, except in extraordinary circumstances.
- Awardees are expected to submit a high-resolution headshot and/or to participate in a short informational interview with Foundation staff, to aid in the promotion of the Distinguished/Outstanding Alumni Awards.
ALUMNI AWARD SELECTION PROCESS
- No more than one awardee will be selected from Charlestown High, Jeffersonville High, or New Washington Middle/High School.
- Only complete nomination forms will be considered.
ALUMNI AWARD SELECTION TIMELINE
- Nominations are accepted year-round.
- Nominations are reviewed annually in September.
- Awardees will be notified by mail and email in September.
- The awardees will be honored at the 2018 GCCS Distinguished Alumni & Business of the Year event on November 14th at Kye’s in Jeffersonville, IN.
Questions? Reach out to Jillian Cantu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-288-4802 ext. 50600 for assistance.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!